Saturday, September 14, 2013

Smiley mug

I have seen different tutorials about how to make this & I liked the idea. So I decided to make my own. All you need is a mug or a cup and a marker. 




I choose simple red mug as opposed to white and a gold marker instead of a black one like most of the examples I found on the web. 

The instructions are very easy: 
- wash the mug, let it dry properly
- draw your design on it with the marker
- bake in an over at 350 degrees for half an hour
- let it cool down completely before taking it out & wash it again

My oven only goes to 250 so I had no choice. I only baked it for half an hour instead of increasing the time because of the lack of temperature as I was secretly expecting it to explode any minute. But it didn't. I left it cool, wash it again and it's ready to use. 

This is the final result:


I love it! 

Note: They recommend you to hand wash it. I'll keep you posted whether the design washes off eventually or not.

Cost of the materials: €3-€5

No comments:

Post a Comment